苏珊:
I heard this year is the year of the Dog. What does it mean?



我听说今年是狗年。那是什么意思?
林红:
Well, do you know anything about Chinese zodiac?



嗯。.你知道中国的十二属相吗?
苏珊:
Is it a kind of calendar to date years?



它是不是一种纪年的历法?
林红:
That's right! You know, Chinese have a cyclical concept of time. The Chinese animal signs are a 12-year cycle used for dating the years.



对!中国人的时间概念是循环的。十二属相就是用来纪年的一个十二年的循环。
苏珊:
So 12 years later, the 2018 will be the year of the Dog again!



那就是。12年后,也就是2018年就又是狗年了!
林红:
Right. And so were the year of 1994,1982, etc. By the way, what animal sign were you born under?



对呀。1994年,1982年等等也都是狗年。顺便问一句,你知道你的属相吗?
苏珊:
I don`t know! I was born in 1984. What is the animal sign for that year?



我不知道!我生于1984年。那年是什么年呢?
林红:
Well, let me see. 1984 was the year of Mouse. You are a mouse!



呃。让我想想1984年是鼠年。你是一只老鼠!
苏珊:
Oh,no! I don`t like to be a rat?



噢。.不!我可不喜欢是只老鼠!
林红:
Why? Mouse is lovely. Don`t you like Mickey Mouse?



为什么?老鼠很可爱呀。难道你不喜欢米老鼠吗?