露西:
How does your business trip to shanghai go? Were they successful in the end?



你这次出差上海怎么样?最后成功了吗?
大卫:
It was perhaps the longest day in my life.



这或许是我有生以来最长的一天.
露西:
Really? Why so?



真的吗?为什么会这样?
大卫:
We arrived safe and sound, but after that it was nothing but problem after problem.



我们平安到达.但此后麻烦层出不穷.
露西:
What about the meetings you had with those potential customers?



你与那些潜在客户的会谈怎么样?
大卫:
The meetings were long and drawn out, and in the end, after 7 hours, all the trouble we went to proved futile.



会谈漫长得没完没了.而且7小时之后.我们的一切努力最后都付之东流.
露西:
You were not able to find a compromise?



你没有找到妥协方案吗?
大卫:
Anything but! Then, after one of the longest days of my life, the hotel we had booked was cheap and nasty!



别提了!随后.在经过了我人生中最长的一天后.我们预订的旅馆又 是低廉而肮脏的!
露西:
Oh! So it was really a disastrous trip.



噢! 这真是一次灾难性的旅行.
大卫:
Yes, I have never seen anything quite like it.



是啊.我从未见过像这样的事情.