简:
Good morning. Smith Association.



早上好.这里是史密斯协会.
布朗:
This is Brown speaking. I`d like to speak to Mr. Smith.



我是布朗.我想和史密斯先生通话.
简:
I`m sorry, but Mr. Smith left just a few minutes ago.



很抱歉.史密斯先生刚在几分钟前离开了.
布朗:
I have been trying to call him for the last ten minutes, but your line always busy. Will he be back soon?



之前十分钟我一直在打电话但是总占线.他很快能回来吗?
简:
I`m afraid not. He is away for the rest of the day.



恐怕不能.他今天一天都不在.
布朗:
Is there any way I can reach him?



还有别的办法能联系到他吗?
简:
I`m afraid not. He has gone out of this town on business. May I take a message.



恐怕不能.他出城了.我可以捎个口信吗?
布朗:
I have a business appointment with him at 9 o`clock tomorrow morning, but I`m afraid I can`t make it.



明天上午9点我和他有个商务约会.我恐怕不能参加了.
简:
Would you like to make another appointment?



您想另外约时间吗?
布朗:
Unfortunately ,I`m leaving here unexpectedly, and I may be away for several days.



遗憾的是.我凑巧有事要办.可能要出去几天.
简:
I see. I`ll tell Mr. Smith that you have called.



我明白了.我会告诉史密斯先生您来过电话了.
布朗:
Thank you.



谢谢.