约翰:
Where is everyone?



人都在哪里?
苏:
Don`t know.



不知道.
约翰:
Did you inform all of the managers that there was going to be a meeting this afternoon?



你通知了所有经理今天下午要开会吗?
苏:
Yes, there`s no reason why they shouldn`t be here.



是的.他们没有理由不到场.
约翰:
Ok, we`ll just have to start without them. (Secretary enters)



没有他们.我们照样开会.(秘书进入)
苏:
This better be important, I told you to hold all phone calls. (Secretary hands her a note and leaves)



但愿是什么重要的事.我吩咐过你接听所有电话.( 秘书交给她一张纸条然后离开)
约翰:
What is it?



这是什么?
苏:
From Ben, Anthony and Ivan. It says they can`t make it due to some problems they`re having down at the factory.



本.安东尼和伊凡发来的.说他们因为在工厂碰到了一些问题来不了了.
约翰:
Ok, at least we know now. Let`s just get down to business.



好的.至少我们现在知道怎么回事了.让我们切入正题吧.
苏:
Have we received that report on the proposed takeover?



我们收到了那份关于提议的兼并的报告没有?
约翰:
Yes, it says that the company can proceed without any legal or financial problems.



收到了.说公司可以如期进行.不会有任何法律或者金融方面的问题.