汤姆:
We`ve brought the draft of our contract. Please have a look.



我们把合同的草案带过来了.请您过目.
麦克:
How long will the contract last?



该合同的有效期是多长?
汤姆:
This contract is valid for one year.



一年.
麦克:
I`m afraid that one year is too short. This contract must be valid for at least three years.



一年恐怕太短了.这合同至少应该依法有效三年.
汤姆:
If everything`s going satisfactorily, it could be extended for two years.



如果一切进行得令人满意.可以再延续两年.
麦克:
All right. We accept your suggestion.



好吧.我们同意.
汤姆:
What do you think of the wordings?



你对合同的英文措词有什么意见?
麦克:
The wordings are really idiomatical. I`m very satisfied with it.



英文很地道.我很满意.
汤姆:
Is there any other question?



还有其他问题吗?
麦克:
No, nothing more.



没有了.
汤姆:
We have finally reached a basic agreement on the problems that should be worked out.



对一些需要解决的问题我们基本达成了协议.
麦克:
Both of our parties have made a great effort.



为此我们双方都做出了很大的努力.
汤姆:
That`s true. It is time for us to sign the contract.



是的.该是我们签合同的时候了.
麦克:
I`ve been looking forward to this moment.



我一直在盼望着这一刻.
汤姆:
Now, please countersign it.



现在请确认后签名.
麦克:
Done. Congratulations.



签好了.祝贺!
汤姆:
Each of us has two formal copies of the contract, one in Chinese and one in English. Would you keep these two copies?



我们双方都有两份合同.一份中文的.一份英文的.你们保留这两份吧.
麦克:
Thank you very much. I think the contract will bear fruit in no time, and I hope our continuing cooperation and further extension of our trade relations.



非常感谢.我认为合同很快就会结出硕果.期待我们继续合作.期待我们贸易关系的进一步发展.
汤姆:
That`s what I want, too. Let me propose a toast to the success of our negotiations, and to our future cooperation, cheers!



这也是我所想的.让我们为谈判的成功.为我们未来的合作成功干杯!
麦克:
Cheers!



干杯!