简:
I've agreed on price,quality and quantity. The next thing I'd like to bring up for discussion is packing.



我们已经在价格.质量和数量问题上达成了协议.下面我想提出来讨论的是包装问题.
麦克:
Yes, As this is the first time we have done business with you, we'd like to hear what you say concerning the matter of packing.



是的.由于这是第一次和你们做生意.所以我们想听听你们对包装的意见.
简:
Very well. Different articles require different packing. As for shirts,we use a polythene wrapper for each, ready for window display.



好吧.不同的商品需要不同的包装.至于衬衫嘛.我们每件都用聚乙烯袋包装.可以直接放在橱窗里陈列.
麦克:
Good. As you will probably know, your shirts will be in competition with many others in our market. wrapping that catches the eye will certainly help us push the sales.



好.您大概知道.你们的衬衫在我们市场上将要同其他衬衫竞争.醒目的包装当然有助于我们销售
简:
Yes, of course.



当然啦.
麦克:
Therefore, the wrapping should be attractive as well as good quality. You must have thought of that, I'm sure.



因此包装不仅质量要好.也要吸引人.我想这个问题你已经想到了.
简:
You can rest assured that our packing will be on a par with that of other competitors, If not better.



您放心好了.我们的包装即使不比别人的更好.也可以和他们的相媲美.
麦克:
I'm glad to hear that. And what about the protective packing during transit?



那就好.那么.在运输中有什么保护性的包装吗?
简:
That will be packed in dozen to one carton, gross weight around 30 kilos.



每10打装一个纸板箱.毛重30千克左右.
麦克:
Good ! What type?



好.什么祥的纸板箱?
简:
Cardboard cartons, with stenciled shipping marks.



刷有蜡纸印刷运输标志的硬纸板箱.
麦克:
I see.All right.we agree to cardboard cartons for outer packing.



哦.那好吧.我们同意用硬纸板箱作外包装.