艾伦:
What do you think about the standard of the top Chinese table tennis players?



你认为中国乒乓球尖子运动员的水准如何? 

贝拉:
I think that they are among the best in the world.



我认为他们是世界上最优秀的运动员.
艾伦:
Is it still necessary to try and improve their skills?



他们还需再努力改进技术吗?
贝拉:
Of course we should not become complacent. We should always try to improve standards.



当然.我们不能自满.应当始终提高对自己的要求.
艾伦:
You are right. I`m sorry I`ll have some other questions to ask you. Are you willing to help me with them?



你说得很对.对不起.我有一些问题要问你.你愿意帮帮我吗?
贝拉:
Of course. What are your questions?



当然愿意.你有哪些问题?
艾伦:
What kind of grip do you recommend for your players?



你建议运动员使用哪种握拍法?
贝拉:
It`s matter of personal choice. Some people prefer the shakehands grip. Other people prefer the penhold grip.



这主要由个人来选择.有人喜欢横握. 有人喜欢直握.
艾伦:
What are the basic shots or strokes in table tennis then?



乒乓球的基本击球方法有哪些?
贝拉:
Basic shots include the backhand and forehand chops, the backhand and forehand drives. The backspin chop, the block shot, the drop shot, the smash, the cross shot and the half volley.



基本打法包括:反手和正手削球.反手和正手抽球.削下旋球.推挡.吊球.扣杀.斜线球和快拨.
艾伦:
One more question, what are the different kinds of service?



还有一个问题.发球方法有几种?
贝拉:
Services include the backhand topspin and backspin serves, the forehand topspin and backspin serves, and the high toss service.



发球方法包括反手上旋球和下旋球.正手上旋球和下旋球以及高抛发球.