Shirley:
I love breathing fresh air in the suburb places, while sitting in the morning sunshine.
我喜欢这样到郊外,坐在清晨的阳光中,呼吸新鲜空气。
Benjamin:
I can't agree more, honey. We need to get away from work from time to time.
我非常同意,亲爱的。我们就需要这样时不时地放下工作(出来玩)。
Shirley:
Yeah, just return to nature and feel the thrills of its beauty.
是啊,就这样回归自然,感受大自然令人激动的美丽。
Benjamin:
We are nor alone here. So many other families!
并不只有我们来这里哦,好多家庭都来了。
Shirley:
Sure. The sunny days of spring are ideal for outdoor gatherings.
当然了。阳光明媚的春天最适合野外聚会了。
Benjamin:
Well, let's go over there and put a blanket on the lawn.
嗯,我们过去那边。把毯子铺在草坪上吧。
Shirley:
OK, you go back to our car and fetch the picnic stuff.(Benjamin picks up the whole bag of picnic stuff.)
好的。你回到车上去把野餐的东西拿过来。(本杰明拿起一整袋野餐用的东西。)
Benjamin:
Oh, so heavy! What have you put in here?
哦,真沉!你在这里面放了什么呀?
Shirley:
Nothing special. Food, drinks, and Daniel's kangaroo toys.
没有什么特别的啊。食物、饮料,还有丹尼尔的袋鼠玩具。
Benjamin:
Toys? Why do we need toys for a picnic?
玩具?我们野餐要玩具做什么?
Shirley:
He said he would like to be our “tour director” and he lined up many things to do.
他说要当我们的“野餐指导”,还列出了很多要做的事呢。
Benjamin:
Sure, then. May it really be a day of enjoyment. Other than that, we can also teach him something about science.
那好吧。希望今天会成为快乐的一天。而且我们还可以教他点自然科学知识。
Shirley:
Science? What are you talking about? Forget about your science, OK? It's a picnic!
自然科学?你在说什么啊?忘了你的自然科学吧,好吗?这是野餐!
Benjamin:
I mean we can inspire him for a deeper understanding of the natural world.
我的意思是说我们可以启发他更深刻地了解自然界啊。
Shirley:
I can't agree on that. Just cut it out. Give him a break and don't spoil the day.
我不同意这么做。还是算了吧。就饶了他吧,别破坏轻松快乐的一天。
Benjamin:
Well, OK. you are always right.
那好吧。你永远都是对的。


