Dora:
Hey, Danny, look here, Harry Potter. I've been looking for it.

嗨,丹尼,看这儿。
Daniel:
You wanna get it?

你想买吗?
Dora:
I don't know if I have enough money. My mom would be angry with me if I spent all the money on it.

我不知道是否有足够的钱。如果我把所有的钱都花在这个上面,妈妈会生我气的。
Daniel:
Then put it back on the bookshelf. I gotta find The World Is Flat.

那就把它放回到书架上吧。我要去找《世界是平的》。
Dora:
Maybe your dad has made a mistake. Probably it's The World Is Round, not The World Is Flat.

也许你爸爸弄错了。很可能是《世界是圆的》,而不是《世界是平的》。
Daniel:
Hey, that's just what I'm wondering. Even a fool knows the world is round.

嗨,我也在想这个问题。傻瓜都知道世界是圆的。
Dora:
Danny… I think we've found it. The World Is Flat.

丹尼,我想我们已经找到了。《世界是平的》。
Daniel:
Let me see. Yes, The World Is Flat, by Thomas L. Friedman. I think that's just the one dad wants.

让我看看。是的,《世界是平的》,作者托马斯.弗里德曼。我想这就是爸爸想要的。
Dora:
Thomas L. Friedman? Never heard of him. He must be a nut to write a book like that.

托马斯.弗里德曼?从来没有听说过。他写这种书肯定是个疯子。
Daniel:
“Best-selling book.” “A brief history of the twenty-first century.” Oh, it's not about geography. It's about history!

“畅销书”、“21世纪简史”。哦,它不是关于地理的,是关于历史的!
Dora:
Has it been made into movies? Almost every best-seller has been made into a movie.

它被拍成电影了吗?几乎每本畅销书都会被拍成电影。
Daniel:
I don't know. Probably not. This is the first edition, which means that it is newly published.

我不知道,很可能还没有。这只是第一版,也就是说它是最近才出版的。
Dora:
Ha, I know why it has such incredible sales volume. I'm gonna write a book The Apple Is Cubic. Probably it will sell well, too.

哈,我知道它为什么有这么好的销量了。我也要写一本书,《苹果是立方的》,也许会一样卖得很好。
Daniel:
Yeah, and I will buy it for sure. Have you decided on your Harry Potter book? We are going upstairs to get the study materials.

嗯,我到时一定买。你决定买《哈利.波特》了吗?我们还要上楼买学习资料呢。
Dora:
I think I'd better buy it today.

我想今天还是买了吧。
Daniel:
OK, let's do it.

好的,那就买吧。