Ben:
We came too early. There're still three hours before the performance starts.

我们来得太早了。离演出开始还有三个小时呢!
Laura:
I know. Sorry, I shouldn't have rushed you, but I just couldn't stay at home and wait.

我知道。对不起,我不该催你的,可我就是受不了在家里等。
Ben:
Never mind. What about taking a look around the theater?

没关系。要不我们参观一下这个剧院?
Laura:
Why not? I'd love to do that.

为什么不呢?我很乐意这么做。
Ben:
Here we go. There is a museum of the Beijing Opera art. (They come to the museum of the Beijing Opera art.)

那我们走吧。这里有一个京剧艺术博物馆。(她们来到了京剧艺术博物馆。)
Laura:
Wow. Look at this. So delicate and beautiful. Did ancient Chinese people really wear them?

哇,看这个。这么精致、漂亮。中国古代的人真穿这些衣服吗?
Ben:
Not really. They are just opera costumes. Do you like the embroidery?

不是的。它们只是戏服。你喜欢这些刺绣吗?
Laura:
I surely do. They must have had advanced machine in ancient China to do that.

我当然喜欢了。中国古代一定有先进的机器来做那样的衣服。
Ben:
No, no, no. They are all handmade, girl. You know, the ancient Chinese women were supposed to be good at needlework.

不,不,不。它们都是手工制作的,小姑娘。知道吗,中国古代女子都得做针线活。
Laura:
Unbelievable! I could never do that.

真是难以置信!我一定做不了这个。
Ben:
Very few can. That's why these clothes only appear in the museum.

很少有人能做到。这就是为什么这些衣服只出现在博物馆里啊。
Laura:
Listen! Some people are singing outside. Is it the opera?

听!有人在外面唱歌。那就是戏曲吗?
Ben:
Oh, yes. I heard there was an opera fans club. They are probably practicing now. Wanna have a look?

哦,是的。我听说这里有一个戏迷俱乐部。他们现在可能在排练。想去看看吗?
Laura:
Yes, let's do it.

好的,我们去看看。
Ben:
Follow me. Make sure not to interrupt them.

跟我来。得保证不打扰他们哦。
Laura:
Of course not. We don't do that.

当然不会。我们可不会那么做。