冰冰甲:
Moring,did you pass the entrance exam of doctorship? 

早上好,博士生入学考试通过了没?
冰冰乙:
Had not you better not mention it in the sunny morning? I failed. 

这阳光灿烂的早上你别提它不行么?我没考上。
冰冰甲:
Sorry, you’re so excellent actually. I think there must be some hidden rules that you do not know. 

抱歉啊,其实你很优秀的,我觉得里面肯定有潜规则。
冰冰乙:
I do not believe it. 

我可不信。
冰冰甲:
Hidden rules are hidden everywhere. Have you heard of the recent scandal happened in a well-known university? 

潜规则无处不在。你听说最近发生在大学里的潜规则丑闻了么?
冰冰乙:
Hard to believe. But that’s a few. 

难以置信,但毕竟是少数。
冰冰甲:
While how about the reason to your failure? 

那你没考上的原因是什么?
冰冰乙:
It is really a tough road to doctorship, maybe I am not qualified. I have to make every effort to do that. 

考博很艰难啊,可能我水平不够,我要全力以赴去做。
冰冰甲:
Hidden rules always cost a lot, some of them are not retrievable. 

其实潜规则也要付出代价的,有些根本无法挽回。
冰冰乙:
Thus, God treats everyone equal. 

这样看世界还是公平的哈。