罗斯:
Hello. I`ve been expecting you. You`ve come right on the dot.



你好.我一直在等你.你到得很准时.
比尔:
I thought I was late. My watch says ten after two.



我以为晚了.我的表已经2:10了.
罗斯:
Perhaps you forgot to set your watch last night. Well, have you applied for graduate study abroad?



你昨天晚上可能忘 了对表了.你申请出国读研究生了吗?
比尔:
Actually I`ve come to you to see if you would help me work out a plan.



实际上.我来找您是想让您帮我订一份计划.
罗斯:
Well, here`s my suggested plan. I suppose you plan to begin study in the States in next September.



这是我给你定的建议性的计划.假设你计划明年9月到美国去读书.
比尔:
You suggest me that I should choose several possible schools and request applications and catalogues in May. Is that right?



您建议我在今年5月选择几所大学并索取申请表和课程目录.是吗?
罗斯:
Yes, that`s right. Otherwise, you will miss the registration next year.



是的.否则.你就错过明年的入学注册了.
比尔:
All right. I`ll follow your plan step by step. Thanks a lot.



好的.我会按您军事援助计划一步一步实施的.非常感谢您.
罗斯:
You`re welcome. Please don`t hesitate to come to me if you need my help.



不用谢.如有需要我帮忙的地方.尽管说.
比尔:
I certainly will.



我会的.