麦克:
Hurry up, otherwise we`ll miss the opening ceremony of the Track and Field Sports Meeting of our university.



快点.否则我就看不到学校田径运动会的开幕式了.
比尔:
OK. Just a minute. Let me tie my shoelaces.



好的.等一会.我得把鞋带系上.
麦克:
What events are you in?



你参加了什么项目?
比尔:
100-meter dash, 110-meter hurdle and 400-meter relay.



100米短跑.110米跨栏和400米的接力.
麦克:
You must be a very fast runner.



你肯定跑得特别快.
比尔:
I`m fond of races. I was on the school track team two years ago.



我喜欢赛跑.我两年前就参加学校的田径队了.
麦克:
Track events require development of the whole body. What`s your record for the 100-meter dash?



田径项目需要整个身体的发展.你100米跑的记录是多少?
比尔:
11`4. I broke the university record last year. What events are you in?



11秒4.我去年打破了学校记录.你参加了什么项目?
麦克:
The long jump and high jump.



跳远和跳高.
比尔:
What`s your record of high jump?



你的跳高记录是多少?
麦克:
2.20 meters.



2米20.
比尔:
Not bad. I`m sure you can get first place at this sports meeingt.



不错.我肯定在这次运动会上你能获得第一名.
麦克:
I hope so.



希望如此.