麦克:
Professor Bill, I`m very disappointed in myself.



比尔教授.我对自己很失望.
比尔:
Well, how come?



嗯.怎么了?
麦克:
It`s my English.



是因为我的英语.
比尔:
You find it difficult?



你发现它困难?
麦克:
Yeah. Especially listening comprehension. I can understand the text and do the exercises well but sometimes I simply don`t know what the teacher is talking about in class.



是的.尤其是听力理解.我能理解课文.做好练习.但有时候.我就是听不懂老师在课堂上说得什么.
比尔:
Don`t worry. I can tell you a good place where you can have listening comprehension practice.



不用担心.我告诉你一个练习听力理解的好地方.
麦克:
Is there such a place on campus?



在校园里有这样一个地方吗?
比尔:
Sure.



当然有.
麦克:
Where is it?



它具体的地址在哪儿?
比尔:
It`s on the second floor of teaching Building No.7.



号教学楼的2层.
麦克:
That`s where the language laboratories are.



那是语音室.
比尔:
Right. One of them is open every night. There`re 50 seats, what I mean is, the lab accommodates fifty students. You may go and use cause everyone wears headphones.



是的.有一间每晚都开放.哪儿有50个座位.我的意思是.语音室能容纳50个学生.你可以用那儿的其中一个录音器.你不会为其他人分散精力的.因为每个人都戴着耳机.
麦克:
Do I need to take my own tapes?



我需要带自己的磁带吗?
比尔:
You may if you want to. But there`re many tapes for you to choose from, too, including different listening comprehension training courses, simplified stories, poems, songs, and so on.



如果你想带也可以.但他们有许多磁带供你选择.包括不同的听力理解训练题.简单的故事.诗.歌曲等.
麦克:
It sounds interesting. I`ll go and have a try tonight.



听起来很有趣.我今天晚上就去试试.