Lily:
What are you doing, Amy? 

你在干什么啊,艾米?
Amy:
I am doing the paper-cutting. 

我在剪纸。
Lily:
Paper-cutting? Where did you learn it? 

剪纸?你从哪学来的啊?
Amy:
I learned it from my friend. She knows a lot about paper-cutting, and also good at paper-cutting. 

从我的一个朋友那学来的。她对剪纸十分了解,而且也很擅长剪纸。
Lily:
So you must know a lot about Chinese paper cutting. What do the paper cuts used for? 

那你一定知道很多中国剪纸咯!这些剪纸都是用来干什么的呢?
Amy:
A little. Today, people often use them for decoration, such as ornament windows, doors, walls and so on. Some people also use them as good gifts 

只知道一点点啦。现在,剪纸大部分是用来装饰的,比如装饰窗户、门、墙等等。也有人将它们当作礼物了
Lily:
It sounds very interesting. 

听起来很有意思。
Amy:
What’s more, those paper cuts are not just some beautiful paper cuts. They also have special meanings. They reflect people’s wish for harvest, property, health, happiness and so on. 

而且,剪纸可不仅是漂亮的剪纸。它们还有特殊的象征意义。它们反映了人们对丰收,富贵,健康,幸福等的希望。
Lily:
Wonderful! So what are you going to cut? 

真棒!你打算剪什么呢?
Amy:
It is of a boy holding a big fish. 

一个男孩抱着一条大鱼。