杰克:
Where were you yesterday evening at about 8 p.m.?


昨天晚上8点你在哪里?
玛丽:
I was in my office. I had to finish editing three articles. Why?


我在办公室赶着编辑3篇文章呢.怎么了?
杰克:
I tried to pick you up but failed, so I went to a concert alone instead.


我想去接你但没接着.就一个人去音乐会了.
玛丽:
How was it?


音乐会怎么样啊?
杰克:
It's quite a success. It was Pavarotti's debut performance in China. His voice is so stentorian and penetrating and his style of performance is so contagious. No wonder he received an standing ovation at the end of his performance.


相当成功.这是帕瓦罗蒂在中国的首次演出.他的声音洪亮又具有穿透力.他的表演风格极富感染力.演出结束后.全场起立热烈鼓掌向歌唱家致谢.
玛丽:
What's the response of the audience?


观众反响怎样呢?
杰克:
The audiences were reluctant to leave the Music Hall long after the end of the concert.


观众在音乐会结束很久后都不愿离场.
玛丽:
Do you think I can still get a ticket for his concert?


你觉得我还能搞到一张票吗?
杰克:
Not unless somebody cancels. The tickets have been sold out three days in advance.


除非有人退票.三天前票就已经卖光了.
玛丽:
It's a pity.


真遗憾.


