Ann:
I am so sorry. 

很抱歉。
Lily:
What have you done? 

你干什么了?
Ann:
The other day, you were working on your papers, and I knew you need some evidences which I had found before, but I didn’t lend it to you. 

那天,你正忙着写你的论文,而我知道你需要一些材料,这些我之前就找到了,但是我没有把它借给你。
Lily:
Oh, I wasn’t angry about you. 

我没有生气。
Ann:
But I find that I am not a good man. 

但是我发现我不是个什么好人。
Lily:
Don’t be too serious, mate. 

别太认真了,老兄。
Ann:
I know, but when I saw you tried so hard to work your paper out, I… 

我知道,但是,我看到你那么努力的去完成你的论文,我•••
Lily:
Mate, you have the right to keep your effort and you needn’t share it with others. 

老兄,你有权利保留你自己的劳动成果,你没必要和别人分享。
Ann:
I am really sorry about that. 

我真的很对不起。
Lily:
Ok, I accept your apology, and could you have the dinner with me? I am alone. 

好吧,我接受你的道歉,中午一起吃饭吧?我自己一个人。


