婆婆:
Lili, you are tired today. Go to bed now. By the way, I have already arranged boys to pressing bed. 

丽丽,今天你也累了。现在去睡吧。顺便说下,我已经安排了压床的男孩儿。
媳妇丽丽:
What? What is pressing bed? Who are these boys? 

什么?什么叫压床?这些男孩儿是谁?
婆婆:
They are our relatives, cousins of junjun, your husband. 

他们是咱家的亲戚,你老公军军的堂弟。
媳妇丽丽:
But why they stay in my new room, new bed? What they want to do? 

但是为什么他们呆在我的新房, 新床上?他们想做什么?
婆婆:
They will stay with you tonight. 

他们今晚跟你一起睡。
媳妇丽丽:
What? Are you joking? 

什么?你在开玩笑吗?
婆婆:
Don’t worry. They will not touch you. This is local custom. It will bring you and junjun good luck and help you to get a son. 

别担心了。他们不会碰你。这是我们这儿的风俗。这会给你和军军带来好运的,也会帮你生儿子。
媳妇丽丽:
No, I will never accept! Now, in a modern civilized society, how ignorant and ridiculous such a custom is! 

不,我决不接受!现在,在这样一个现代文明的社会,这样的风俗太愚昧可笑了!
婆婆:
This is custom, everybody do and you shall obey! 

这是风俗,每个人都这样做,你必须遵守!
媳妇丽丽:
Impossible! If you force me, I will be your ex-daughter in law! 

不可能!如果你强迫我,我就是你的前儿媳妇了!


