Mike:
That’s unbelievable! I thought only actors ate them in ghost movies.
太让认难以置信了!我以为只有演员在鬼片里面吃那玩意儿!
Veronica:
In a movie, they are faking it. But out here people are eating. Don’t tell me you haven’t tried! Believe it or not, you could buy them here in LA.
电影里,那是假的。这儿可是真吃。别告诉我你没有吃过啊!信不信由你,在洛杉矶就可以买到的。
Mike:
You must be joking. We Americans are not barbarians!
你在开玩笑吧!我们美国人不是野蛮人!
Veronica:
Come on! Eating “eggs with legs” is not savage. Filipinos call them balut. They are very nutritional and very tasty. A lot of Asians like to eat them with salt, pepper…
得了吧!吃活珠子就野蛮了?他们很有营养很美味的好不好。很多亚洲人喜欢蘸盐和辣椒吃。
Mike:
But there is life in that egg! How come we people are so cruel to the baby ducks, chickens, or whatever animal inside it is?
可是那个蛋里面有生命的啊!人怎么会对鸭蛋,鸡蛋,什么的蛋的宝宝那么残忍呢?
Veronica:
Stop being eccentric, ok? Didn't you just buy some caviar? So why don’t you choose to be a vegetarian?
不要那么怪异好吗?你好像刚刚买了鱼子酱吧。那你干脆吃素好了。
Mike:
A vegetarian? That’s a neat idea!
吃素?好主意!
Veronica:
Forget about it, Mike! We both know you can’t survive without meat!
当我没说,麦克!我们俩都很清楚,没有肉,你是活不下去的!
Mike:
Not this time! I say it when I mean it.
这次不会了。我说到做到。
Veronica:
Fine! So can I have your steak?
那好吧。我可以吃你的牛排吗?