杰克:
How do you go to work?



你怎么去上班啊?
凯:
I drive to work everyday. And how do you go to work?



我每天开车上班.那你怎么去上班?
杰克:
I usually go to work by bus or by subway.



我通常搭公车或是地铁去上班.
凯:
That's so convenient and comfortable. Sometimes, driving is very dangerous. You'll never know what will happen on the road. Besides, parking in the big city is a big problem.



那应该又方便又舒服吧.有时候开车真的很危险.你永远不知道在路上会发生什么事.而且要在大城市找个停车位是个大问题.
杰克:
That's true. It takes me about 15 minutes to get to the office. I don't have to get up so early anymore.



那倒是真的.我现在只要花大约十五分钟的时间就可以到达办公室.我再也不用那么早起床了.
凯:
Everyday I spend almost 40 minutes in traffic jam. It's really a waste of time.



每天我都要花四十分钟在塞车上.真是浪费时间!
杰克:
That's right. How long do you drive? I even don't get the driver's license.



对啊.你开车开多久啦?我甚至还没拿到驾照.
凯:
About six years. Didn't you pass the driving test?



大概六年吧.你没有通过考试吗?
杰克:
No. I only passed the paper test. It's shameful that I had two road tests. I haven't got the license till now.



没有啊.我只考过笔试.讲起来真丢脸.我考了两次路考.直到现在我还没拿到驾照.
凯:
Be patient. I got the license after five road tests.



要有耐心一点.我考了五次才拿到驾照.
杰克:
Really! It seems it takes a long time to get the license. What make your car?



真的啊!看来要花很久的时间才能拿到驾照!你的车子是什么牌子的?
凯:
It's a Ford.



福特.
杰克:
How does it perform?



你的车子用起来怎么样?
凯:
It's pretty economical.



相当节省.