May:
Dad, something wrong with our washing machine and a lot of clothes need to be wash. What should I do about it?
爸爸,我们的洗衣机坏了,好多衣服要洗呢。怎么办呢?
Ben:
Ur, I am busy with my work. There is a coin-operated washing machine on the first floor. Let’s go.
恩,我在忙我的工作呢。一楼有一个投币洗衣机,我们去吧。
May:
Coin-operated washing machine? That sounds interesting.
投币洗衣机?听起来很有趣。
Ben:
You just have to follow the instructions and put three coins in the slot of that washing machine.
你只需要按照说明,投三个硬币在洗衣机的投币孔里就行了。
May:
So easy! Do I need to put some washing powder in?
这么简单!我需要加洗衣粉进去吗?
Ben:
No, you needn’t. That’s an automatic washer; all we need to do is just put the clothes in and then press the power button.
不,不需要。那是自动洗衣机,我们需要做的就是把衣服放进去,然后按电源按钮。
May:
Does it dry the clothes too?
它也能甩干衣服吗?
Ben:
Yes. It spins and dries the clothes and also sterilizes them after that. Pick up the clothes. Let’s go.
是的。它旋转甩干衣服,然后对其进行消毒。带上衣服,我们走吧。
May:
Dad, put three coins in this slot, right? Does it work if I put in two?
爸爸,投三个硬币在这个投币孔里,对吧?如果我投两个它会转吗?
Ben:
If you put two, it doesn’t work; and if you put four, it will refund one. Believe it or not, see for yourself.
如果你投两个硬币,它不会转;如果你投四个,它会退一个。信不信由你,试一试吧。
May:
Dad, I put four in as you said but it doesn’t refund anything. Something wrong?
爸爸,我像你说的投了四个硬币,但是没有退啊。坏了吗?
Ben:
Oh, the coin gets snapped. Let me see. Ur, press the button and then refund. OK, have a try.
噢,吞币了。我来看看。恩,按下按钮,接着退币。好了,试试吧。
May:
It still doesn’t work. Ur, there is a sign that says we can call this number 80081234 if the coin couldn’t be refunded. Let’s have a try.
还是没退币啊。恩,这有个标志牌上写着如果不退币请拨打80081234。我们试试吧。
Ben:
Well, forget it.
噢,算了吧。
May:
But it doesn’t work now. We couldn’t do our laundry.
但是它现在不转啊。我们洗不了衣服了。
Ben:
Oh, my God. Would you like to wash them with hand?
噢,天哪。你愿意自己动手洗吗?
May:
I’m afraid not.
不愿意。