信息台:
Hello, this is St. Vincent`s hospital. Miss Tracy speaking. May I help you?



你好.这里是圣文森医院.我是特雷西小姐.请问有什么需要帮忙的?
埃里克:
Can I make an appointment with Dr. Smith?



我想和史密斯医生预约看病时间.
信息台:
We have many Dr. Smith here. Which department is he in?



我们这儿有很多叫史密斯的医生.你要找的是哪个科室的?
埃里克:
Oh! I`ve almost forgotten it-just that Dr. Perterson in the Medical Department.



哦!我忘了--是内科的彼得森医生.
信息台:
That Dr. Smith- I`m really sorry, he has a full calendar today. Will it be ok for you to come tomorrow?



内科的彼得森医生--很抱歉.他今天的日程安排得很满.你明天来可以吗?
埃里克:
In fact, I`d like to make the appointment for another patient. I think it might be something serious.



其实.我是替别人预约的.我想他的情况可能有点儿严重.
信息台:
Oh- Excuse me, just a moment, please. (After a while) You are very lucky! Dr. Peterson`s appointment on 3:00 this afternoon has just been canceled. Will that be convenient for the patient?



哦.对不起.请稍等一下.(过了一会儿 )你很幸运.彼得森医生今天下午3点的一个预约刚被取消.这个时间方便吗?
埃里克:
Yes. It sounds good.



可以.太好了.
信息台:
May I have the name of that patient?



请问患者的姓名是--?
埃里克:
He is an international student of Columbia University. His Chinese name is Li Tao, L-i, T-a-o.



他是哥伦比亚大学的留学生.中文名字叫李涛.
信息台:
Okay, it`s all set. See you then.



好的.都安排好了.到时候见.