福特:
I'll show you around and explain the operation as we go along.



我陪你到各处看看.边走边讲解生产操作.
乔治:
That'll be most helpful.



那太好了.
福特:
That is our office block. We have all the administrative departments there. Down there is the research and development section.



那是我们的办公大楼.我们所有的行政部门都在那里.那边是研发部.
乔治:
How much do you spend on development every year?



你们每年在科研上花多少钱?
福特:
About 3-4% of the gross sales.



大约是总销售额的3%到4%.
乔治:
What's that building opposite us?



对面那座建筑是什么?
福特:
That's the warehouse. We keep a stock of the faster moving items so that urgent orders can be met quickly from stock.



那是仓库.存放周转快的货物.这样有急的订货时.就可以立刻交现货.
乔治:
If I placed an order now, how long would it be before I got delivery?



如果我现在订购.到交货前需要多长时间?
福特:
It would largely depend on the size of the order and the items you want.



那主要得看订单大小以及你需要的产品而定.
乔治:
How large is the plant?



这个工厂有多大?
福特:
It covers an area of 65,000 square meters.



面积有六万五千平方米.
乔治:
How many employees do you have in this plant?



这个工厂有多少员工?
福特:
500. We're running on three shifts.



五百个.我们是三班制.
乔治:
Does the plant work with everything from the raw material to the finished product?



从原料到成品都是工厂自己生产吗?
福特:
Our associates specializing in these fields make some accessories. Well, here we're at the production shop. Shall we start with the assembly line?



有些零配件是我们的联营单位生产的..好了.我们到生产车间了.咱们从装配线开始看.好吗?
乔治:
That's fine.



好的.