John:
So, this is the temple fair, right?

那么,这就是庙会了,对吧?
Shirley:
Yeah. Would you like to appreciate the Buddhist statues?

是啊。你想去拜拜佛像吗?
John:
Sure. But let's go there first. People are gathering there. I'm getting curious about it.

当然。不过,我们先去那边吧。那里围了好多人。我很好奇那是什么。
Shirley:
Oh, it's the “Blessing Wall”. That's a good place to go.

哦,那是“许愿墙”,是个很好玩的地方。
John:
Why do people put these cards on the wall after they write some stuff on them?

为什么大家在卡片上写了东西之后,还把它们挂在墙上呢?
Shirley:
The “Blessing Wall” is said to be magical. The thing you write on the cards will come true one day.

据说“许愿墙”是很神奇的。在卡片上写的东西有一天会成真呢。
John:
Interesting. I have many blessings to give. So, can you wait for me for a while?

有趣。我有很多祝福要送出呢。那么,你可以等我一下吗?
Shirley:
Take your time.(After putting her card on the “Blessing Wall”, John comes back to Shirley.)

你慢慢来。(约翰把卡片挂到“许愿墙”上之后,过去找雪莉。)
John:
Aunt Shirley, what are you doing there?

雪莉阿姨,你在这儿做什么呢?
Shirley:
I'm trying to drop a coin into the mouth of the fish statue in the well.

我在试着把硬币投进井里这个鱼雕像的嘴巴里。
John:
Why do you do this? Are there any interesting stories behind it?

你为什么这么做呢?这里面有什么有趣的故事吗?
Shirley:
Yeah. People say that, if you drop coins in the mouth of the fish statue, you will be lucky. But it seems that I'm not that lucky.

对啊,人们说,如果你把硬币投进鱼雕像的嘴巴里,你就会走运。但是看来我不是很幸运哦。
John:
Let me have a try.

让我试试看。
Shirley:
Good luck to you.(Laura successfully drops a coin into the mouth of the fish statue.)

祝你好运。(罗拉成功地把一枚硬币投进了鱼雕像的嘴巴里。)
John:
Oh, look, I did it. By the way, what do they do with the money collected in this way?

哦,快看,我投进了。对了,他们会拿这些搜集的钱做什么呢?
Shirley:
For charity. I think it's really a good thing.

做慈善活动啊。我觉得这是一件很好的事情啊。